The Enterprise Network (TEN) is a £5.2m initiative to boost small and start-up businesses across Wiltshire and Swindon.
what ten offers:
Offices, hot desks and co-working space at four new Enterprise Centres across Wiltshire (at Ludgershall (nr Andover), Royal Wootton Bassett, Salisbury and Trowbridge), free business support & advice, information about any available business grants, meeting/training rooms, business networking and virtual office facilities.
Since TEN launched:
- More than 40 people have been helped to start a new business
- around 200 existing businesses have received expert support and advice
- 90 women-led enterprises have had support and
- 150 new jobs have been created across Wiltshire
what oUR TENANTS SAY:
"Clear costs and flexibility"
"Excellent facilities and friendly, helpful staff"
"Well-supported facility, pleasant office environment, good telecoms / IT"
"There is a good sense of community and like-minded fellow professionals which doesn't make you feel as if you are working alone"
"Affordability, flexibility, facilities, networking!"
Tenant Feedback Comments December 2014
The Enterprise Network's partners and funders
The TEN initiative is led by Wiltshire Council in partnership with:
- Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Enterprise Wiltshire
- Swindon Borough Council
- Military Civilian Integration Partnership and 1st Artillery Brigade & South West (formerly 43 Wessex Brigade)
- Wessex Chambers of Commerce
Funding: The Enterprise Network (TEN) is funded by Wiltshire Council, Action for Wiltshire, the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Rural Growth Network funding from the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Government Equalities Office through the Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP), and Plain Action Local Action Group (LEADER) funded through the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE). More about the funding streams.
TEN is taking a new approach to rural economic development that aims to nurture new and developing businesses with growth potential through their formative stages, raise the entrepreneurial confidence and ambition of the rural community, and support military leavers, military partners and women keen to start or grow a business in Swindon and Wiltshire.
Grant funding from the Rural Growth Network will enable the creation or extension of 6 additional enterprise centres to join The Enterprise Network. Creating a network of 10 Enterprise Centres across Swindon and Wiltshire.
For an update on the progress of the grants read more
Outputs/outcomes from The Enterprise Network (TEN) include:
- Supporting 150 resident businesses and 300 networked rural businesses
- Creating up to 200 jobs over the first three years
- Indirect outcomes in the rural hinterland will range between 0.48 - 1.5 times the direct impacts of incubation (e.g. up to 300 jobs)
Target industry (employment) sectors include:
- Security services including guarding and access
- Management/technician in IT/communications sectors
- Defence industry
Indirectly, The Enterprise Network will raise the entrepreneurial confidence and ambition of the rural community and military dependents by.
- Changing cultural attitudes towards self-employment and business creation
- Raising entrepreneurial confidence through demonstrating achievements
- Inspiring innovation and collaboration
- Increasing female participation rates - both self-employment and employment
Reports and Evaluation
In June 2014, Wavehill were appointed by Wiltshire Council to undertake an evaluation of The Enterprise Network and Wiltshire Business Support Service. The reports of this independant evaluation can be viewed using the following links:-
In May 2015 Wavehill were commissioned to undertake a survey canvassing views on business support in Swindon and Wiltshire on behalf of Wiltshire Council. The survey was undertaken with businesses with less than 50 employees operating across Swindon and Wiltshire. The data gathered was consolidated in the following report:-
There are four Enterprise Centres:
And four Satellite Centres:
Butts Business Centre, Chiseldon
TEN contact details
See individual Enterprise Centre pages for
local contact details and to arrange a visit.
Wiltshire Business Women Celebrate International Women's Day
Wednesday March 8th, 2017 - Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf ResortRead more...
How to fund your business. TEN addresses the BIG business question
TEN provides solutions for the BIGGEST business question...how do I FUND my business?
The Enterprise Network recently hosted two free to attend events to answer one of the most fundamental questions any business asks, "How can I fund my business start-up?" or "How do I fund business growth?". The events were staged at the new Enterprise Center in the Nadder Comminuty Hub in Tisbury and the Castledown Enterprise Centre, Ludgershall.Read more...