Do you have a great idea but don’t know how to turn it into a business? Are you running a business but need support to take it to the next level?
The good news is that if you’re based in Swindon or Wiltshire, you may be eligible to receive free business tuition, tailored to your needs. The SME Growth Project provides free, independent and impartial business advice and support to SMEs (small and medium sized enterprises) across Swindon and Wiltshire
This bespoke advice and support is available both to individuals wanting to start a new business and to those trying to grow their existing business. Eligible individuals and businesses can also apply for a grant to support business growth.
The SME Growth Project can help you to:
- Explore new business ideas
- Start-up and scale up
- Grow in regional, national and international markets
- Engage in innovation processes
- Increase internal capabilities
- Develop focused growth strategies
- Update or introduce new business models
Get started. Get growing. Get skilled.
Find out if you’re eligible for support, who our partners are and how to contact them.
12 hours of free business tuition
The SME Growth Project offers 12 hours of intensive business support to give you the skills and knowledge necessary to start and/or grow your business successfully. The advice is free, impartial and delivered by experienced professionals.
Business Growth Advisors from our four partner agencies work closely with you, providing direction, developing your skills and providing support. This might include:
- Reviewing your business plan
- Equipping you with the skills to market your business
- Helping you produce robust financial plans
- Assisting with applications for start-up loans
- Showing how to access tailored business advice
Criteria for SME Growth Project Support
In order to be eligible for support, individuals and businesses must be:
- based in the Swindon and Wiltshire LEP area or looking to move to the area to conduct their primary business activities
- operating in ERDF eligible sectors 
- able to confirm that they have not received over €200,000 of De minimis state aid support in the last 3 years
- an entrepreneur or start-up who can demonstrate that they are either:
- not registered with Companies House or with HMRC as sole-trader OR
- a sole-trader registered with HMRC and operating for less than 12 months (based on date of first sales invoice) OR
- a company registered with Companies House and trading, as the registered company, for less than 12 months (based on date of first sales invoice)
- An existing business which can demonstrate it is an SME because it:
- employs fewer than 250 staff AND
- either has a turnover of no more than €50m or a current balance sheet of €43m AND
- is not more than 25% owned by a firm who do not comply with the preceding criteria.
 We regret that the following sectors are not eligible for ESIF support: banking & insurance, retail, child minding or nurseries, fishery and aquaculture sectors, primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products/ raw food, the coal, steel and shipbuilding sectors, the synthetic fibres sector, or education or an area supported by a local authority.
Our business Support Advisors are ready to assist you.For more information, contact the partners directly or get in touch via TEN.