TEN actively promotes female entrepreneurship and participation in business through its Women in Business initiative, delivered through regular networking, learning and training events.
annual Women in Business conference.
The Women in Business conference
The Women in Business event is a once-in-a-year opportunity to learn, connect and share.
The event brings together women in business, entrepreneurs, specialists, start-ups and advisors for a unique day of learning, sharing and moving forward.
With cutting edge keynotes, dynamic workshops, the WiB forum & exhibition (plus plenty of time for networking), the conference has a real buzz and energy to it.
Swindon & Wiltshire Women in Business Conference 2018
TEN Women in Business Conference 2018 – highlights from International Women’s Day
- Shake it Up: innovation, ideas and perspective in business.
- Ann Padley, Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship – University of Bristol
- Big Goals, Little Details & Attitude.
- Bini Ludlow, Sweet Cumin
Workshops to make you think, and move you forward.
- Get Creative with your Social Media – Kerry Coleman
- Get on Board and Build – Alison Thorne, Women on Board
- Get Ready for GDPR – Cathy Brode
- Creative Thinking – Ann Padley, Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Get a Magic Marketing Mix – Yesim Nicholson, Business West
- Your First Employee?! – Tracy Madgwick
- Resilience for Women in Business – Louise Ladbrooke
- Crowdfunding 101 – Anthony de Souza, Crowdfunding Academy
- Problem-Solving Power-Walk – Gail Gibson
- Stories that Sell – Sarah Archer, Lemon Squeeze
- Be Creative with your Business Planning – Patricia van den Akker, The Design Trust
NatWest Bank | SME Growth Programme | WorldPay | Oxford Innovation | Business West | Inspire | ImpressHR | Building Bridges | The Enterprise Network (TEN) | European Enterprise Network | Higher Futures | Cool Ventures | Export for Growth | Innovate UK | Swindon & Wiltshire Growth Hub | Wiltshire Apprenticeships …more coming soon.
Networking, Advice and Support
The day ended with our Advisor Forum and Big Network, a relaxed chance to meet other delegates as well as representatives from our four business support partners, all offering free business support and access to grant funding as part of Swindon & Wiltshire’s SME Growth project.